Previous Academic Training: Postdoctoral Research Fellow (UBC), DM in Neurology (India), MD (India) and MBBS (India)
Project with PiMS group: The extremes of disease: the epidemiology of ‘aggressive’ and ‘benign’ multiple sclerosis
- Multiple Sclerosis International Federation McDonald Fellowship
- Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers Travel Award
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada Travel Awards
- Fourth Place Winner in the 2009 Final Round of ‘Tournament of the Minds’ representing India among 112 countries in the International Quiz Competition at the World Congress of Neurology
- European Committee for the Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis Travel Award
- First Prizes in the Bombay Hospital Medical Research Centre Research Meet
- World Congress of Neurology Travel Bursary
- Menon S, Shirani A, Zhao Y, Oger J, Traboulsee A, Freedman MS, Tremlett H. Characterising aggressive multiple sclerosis. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2013; 84(11):1192-1198.
- Singhal BS, Sheth G, Hundalani SG, Menon S. Efficacy and safety of Mitoxantrone, as an initial therapy, in multiple sclerosis: Experience in an Indian tertiary care setting. Neurol India. 2009; 57(4):418-423
- Singhal BS, Bhatia NS, Umesh T, Menon S. Myasthenia gravis: A study from India. Neurol India. 2008 Jul-Sep; 56(3):352-5.
- Agarwal P, Menon S, Rajan Shah, B.S. Singhal. Spontaneous Intracranial Hypotension: Two cases including one treated with epidural blood patch. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2009; 12:179-82
- Agarwal PA, Menon S, Smruti BK, Singhal BS. Primary central nervous system lymphoma: A profile of 26 cases from western India. Neurol India 2009;57:756-63
- Characterizing ‘benign’ MS using age, disease duration and disability status in a large longitudinal database. Poster presentation at the 4th Cooperative Meeting of The Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers (CMSC) and Americas Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ACTRIMS) at San Diego, USA on May30th-June2nd 2012.
- Characteristics of aggressive multiple sclerosis: findings from British Columbia, Canada. Poster presentation at 5th Joint Triennial Congress of the European and Americas Committees for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS/ACTRIMS) at Amsterdam, Netherlands on Oct 19-22nd 2011.
- Suresh Menon. The Epidemiology of extremes of multiple sclerosis. Project report presentation at Multiple Sclerosis International Federation (MSIF) Alumni Research Meet. Amsterdam, Netherlands on 21st Oct 2011.
- Pharmacoepidemiology in MS Research Group (PiMS) 1st Annual Retreat at Vancouver, BC, Canada on Sept 20th 2011. Platform presentation
- UBC Brain Research Centre Neuroscience Extravaganza; Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Poster presentation.
- Optic Neuritis as the first clinical manifestation of Multiple Sclerosis in Indian patients. Poster presentation at 26th Congress of the European Committee for the Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) at Gothenburg, Sweden on Oct 13-16th 2010.
- A study of Indian Multiple Sclerosis patients. Poster presentation at 26th Congress of the European Committee for the Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) at Gothenburg, Sweden on Oct 13-16th 2010.
- Successful embolisation of dural AV fistula presenting with acute venous infarcts. Poster presentation at 17th Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Neurology. Trichy, India 2010.
- Baló’s concentric sclerosis: A case report. Poster presentation at 17th Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Neurology. Trichy, India 2010.
- Infectious Neurological Disorders: Diagnosis, Treatment and Prevention World Federation of Neurology, Research Group on Organization & Delivery of Neurological Services, at the World Congress of Neurology, Bangkok, Oct 2009.
- Access to Multiple Sclerosis Neurologists and the practical management of Multiple Sclerosis in South Asia. B.S.Singhal, Suresh Menon. Second Congress of the Pan-Asian Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (PACTRIMS) Hongkong, 2009.
- Natalizumab and emerging new treatments in Multiple Sclerosis Bombay Neurological Association, Mumbai, Sept 2009.
- Unni Narayanan, Menon Suresh, Mudkanna Anand, Singhal B.S. Left atrial metastasis and multisystem tumour emboli in a patient with endometrial carcinoma & review of literature. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2009; Vol 12: Supplement 1.
- Mudkanna Anand, Menon Suresh, Unni Narayanan, Singhal B.S. Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura and Cortical Venous Sinus Thrombosis. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2009; Vol 12: Supplement 1.
- Anti –Yo mediated paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration in a woman with ovarian adenocarcinoma. 19th World Congress of Neurology, Bangkok, Thailand. 2009. Poster presentation.
- CNS manifestations in Systemic Sclerosis – A Case report. 19th World Congress of Neurology, Bangkok, Thailand. 2009. Poster presentation.
- Outcome of idiopathic optic neuritis – A study from Western India. Second Congress of the Pan-Asian Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (PACTRIMS) Hongkong. 2009. Poster presentation.
- Hereditary Spastic Paraparesis as a cause of developmental delay in 2 siblings. Bombay Neurological Association (BNA), Annual Meet, Mumbai 2009.
- A Rare Case Pseudo-Abducens Paresis due to Acute Mid-brain Infarct. Poster presentation at 15th Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Neurology. New Delhi, India 2008.