Current Academic Status: Assistant Professor, College of Pharmacy and Nutrition, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Previous Academic Training: Postdoctoral Research Fellow (UBC), PhD in Pharmacy (University of Saskatchewan) and BSc in Pharmacy (University of Saskatchewan)
Project with PiMS group: Long-term Benefits and Adverse Effects of Beta-interferon for Multiple Sclerosis
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research Postdoctoral Fellowship
- European Committee for the Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis Travel Award
- Ramsey Postgraduate Fellowships
- Alf Pepper Research Awards – Saskatchewan College of Pharmacists
- Canadian Institute of Health Research Clinical Research Initiative Fellowship
- College of Pharmacy and Nutrition Tri-Council Recognition Award
- Ford Postgraduate Fellowship
- Sanofi Aventis Award, Sanofi Aventis Canada Inc.
- Merck Frosst Canada Graduate Fellowship. Merck Frosst Canada Ltd.
- Shirani A, Zhao Y, Karim ME, Petkau J, Gustafson P, Evans C, Kingwell E, van der Kop ML, Oger J, Tremlett H. Investigation of heterogeneity in the association between interferon beta and disability progression in multiple sclerosis: an observational study. Eur J Neurol. 2013 [Epub ahead of print].
- Evans CD, Eurich DT, Lu X, Remillard AJ, Shevchuk YM, Blackburn D. The association between market availability and adherence to antihypertensive medications: an observational study. Am J Hypertens. 2013; 26(2):180-90.
- Shirani A, Zhao Y, Karim ME, Evans C, Kingwell E, van der Kop ML, Oger J, Gustafson P, Petkau J, Tremlett H. Interferon Beta and Long-term Disability in Multiple Sclerosis. JAMA Neurol. 2013; 70(5): 651-3.
- Evans C, Beland SG, Kulaga S, Wolfson C, Kingwell E, Marriott J, Koch M, Makhani N, Morrow S, Fisk J, Dykeman J, Jetté N, Pringsheim T, Marrie RA. Incidence and prevalence of multiple sclerosis in the Americas: a systematic review. Neuroepidemiology. 2013; 40(3): 195-210.
- Evans C, Kingwell E, Zhu F, Oger J, Zhao Y, Tremlett H. Hospital admissions and MS: temporal trends and patient characteristics. Am J Manag Care. 2012; 18(11): 735-42.
- Shirani A, Zhao Y, Karim ME, Evans C, Kingwell E, van der Kop ML, Oger J, Gustafson P, Petkau J, Tremlett H. Association between use of interferon beta and progression of disability in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. JAMA. 2012; 308(3): 247-56.
- Evans C, Tam J, Kingwell E, Oger J, UBC MS Clinic Neurologists, Tremlett H. Long-term persistence with the immunomodulatory drugs for multiple sclerosis: a retrospective database study. Clin Ther 2012; 32: 341-350
- Evans C, Eurich D, Remillard AJ, Shevchuk Y, Blackburn D. First-Fill Medication Discontinuations and Non-Adherence to Antihypertensive Therapy: An Observational Study. Am J Hypertension 2012; 25: 195-203
- Evans C, Watson E, Eurich D, Taylor J, Yakiwchuk E, Shevchuk Y, Remillard A, Blackburn D. Diabetes and cardiovascular disease interventions by community pharmacists: a systematic review. Ann Pharmacother 2011; DOI 10.1345/aph.1P615
- Evans C, Eurich D, Taylor J, Blackburn D. Collaborative Cardiovascular Risk Reduction in Primary Care: Results of the CCARP Study. Pharmacotherapy 2010; 30: 766-75
- Evans C, Eurich D, Taylor J, Remillard A, Shevchuk Y, Blackburn D. A pragmatic cluster randomized trial evaluating the impact of a community pharmacy intervention on statin adherence: rationale and design of the Community Pharmacy Assisting in Total Cardiovascular Health (CPATCH) study. Trials 2010; 11:76
- Taylor J, Evans C, Blackburn D, Semchuk W. Patient self-medication with ASA 81mg. Canadian Pharmacists Journal 2010; 143: 192-98
- Taylor J, Evans C. Cough and Cold Medicine Use in Young Children: Pharmacist Reaction to Changes in Canada. Journal of American Pharmacists Association 2009; 49: 783-86
- Laubscher T, Evans C, Blackburn D, Taylor J, McKay S. Collaboration between Family Physicians and Community Pharmacists to Enhance Adherence to Chronic Medications – A Survey Looking at the Opinions of Saskatchewan Family Physicians. Can Fam Physician 2009; 55: e69-75
- Evans C, Eurich D, Lamb D, Taylor J, Jorgenson D, Semchuk W, Mansell K, Blackburn D on behalf of the Community Pharmacists Assisting in Total Cardiovascular Health (CPATCH) Program. Assessment of adherence among subjects attending different community pharmacies: An observational study. Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy 2009; 15(6): 476-84
- Blackburn D, Evans C, Lamb D, Taylor J, Skilton K. Cardiovascular risk reduction strategies in community pharmacy settings need real world angle. Canadian Pharmacists Journal 2007; 140(5): 295-97
- Evans C, Blackburn D, Semchuk W, Taylor J. Collaborative Cardiovascular Risk-reduction in Primary Care: Design of the CCARP study. Canadian Pharmacists Journal 2007; 140(4): 240-242
- Evans C, Stueck G, Koobair S, Maharaj J, Maraj V. Patient acceptance and economic outcomes of rabeprazole therapy – a pharmacist-initiated interchange protocol. Canadian Pharmacists Journal 2005; 138(5): 44-49
- Neubauer S, Evans C, Jacques S. Pharmacists break ground at asthma camp. Canadian Pharmacists Journal 2004; 137(9): 32-37
- Evans C, Blackburn D, Butt P, Dattani D. Use and abuse of methylphenidate in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Canadian Pharmacists Journal 2004; 137(6): 30-35
Invited Lectures and Conference Presentations:
- Pharmacoepidemiology in MS: The Stuff We Know Nothing About. Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada – BC and Yukon Division, Leadership Circle, Burnaby, BC May 18, 2011
- Medication Adherence – Taking it to Heart. University of British Columbia Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation Rounds, Vancouver, BC, November 29, 2010
- Medication Adherence – Taking it to Heart. University of British Columbia Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vancouver, BC, November 17, 2010
- Medication Adherence – Taking it to Heart. University of British Columbia School of Population and Public Health Grand Rounds, Vancouver, BC, November 12, 2010
- Medication Adherence – Taking it to Heart. University of British Columbia – Centre for Health Evaluation and Outcomes Sciences, Vancouver, BC, October 27, 2010
- Why Don’t People Listen to Me? An Overview of Adherence. University of Saskatchewan – Division of Continuing Professional Learning College of Medicine Drug Therapy Decision Making Conference, Saskatoon, SK, March 12, 2010
- Why Should I Take My Doctor’s Advice? Overcoming the challenges of sticking to drug therapy and exercise plans – CIHR Café Scientifique, Saskatoon, SK, November 30, 2009
- Children’s Cough and Cold – Time for Plan B? University of Saskatchewan – Division of Continuing Professional Learning College of Medicine Practical Management of Common Medical Problems, Saskatoon, SK, November 22, 2008.
- Emergency Contraception and the Pharmacist – Continuing Professional Development. College of Pharmacy, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, March 2010, October 2009, October 2008, November/May 2007, September 2005
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction – Real World Style. Gabrielle Dumont Institute Licensed Practical Nurse course, Saskatoon, SK, May 2008.
- Secondary Stroke Prevention – Pharmacists’ Role. Heart and Stroke Foundation/ College of Nursing (University of Saskatchewan) Stroke Prevention Conference, Saskatoon, SK, April 2008
- The Leader Diabetes Initiative – A Multidisciplinary Approach to Diabetes Management in Rural Saskatchewan. Canadian Diabetes Association / Canadian Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism Professional Conference and Annual Meetings, Toronto, ON, October 2006
- The Leader Diabetes Initiative – A Multidisciplinary Approach to Diabetes Management in Rural Saskatchewan. Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists – Saskatchewan Branch Annual General Meeting, Regina, SK, October 2006
- Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes – Simplifying the Complications. Canadian Diabetes Association, Humboldt, SK, April 2006
- The Leader Diabetes Initiative – Partnerships in Action. Alberta College of Pharmacists and Alberta Association of Registered Nurses Joint Annual Conference, Jasper, AB, June 2005
- Primary Health Care Teams – The process and tools for successful development and implementation. Cypress Health Region Primary Care Steering Committee, Swift Current, SK, January 2005
- Primary Health Care – Lessons Learned from Visits to the United Kingdom. Integrated Primary Health Care Working Group provincial meeting, Regina, SK, October 2004
- Successful Recruitment and Retention of Pharmacy Grads. Representative Board of Saskatchewan Pharmacists AGM, Saskatoon, SK, March 2004